Just share a piece on a stay at Palm Garden Beach Resort & Spa. Thank Mrs. Rachael Millar for this http://bit.ly/1NR3FHU
With more than 400 accommodation options available in Hoi An, there is something to suit every family and every budget. This article is the third of a three-part series looking at different accommodation options for families when visiting Hoi An.
We chose Palm Garden Resort for our last two nights in Hoi An as it is close to restaurants at Cua Dai Beach, An Bang Beach and offers a convenient shuttle into town. But once there, we realised we didn’t really want to leave. Ever.
Palm Garden Resort Hoi An is one of many resorts along the beach strip between Hoi An and Da Nang. We had rented a house in Hoi An for the month before visiting Palm Garden Resort. Renting the house was a great experience and good for saving money. But it got really tiring and trying at times. As soon as we arrived at Palm Garden Resort, we knew we’d made the right choice.
Palm Garden Resort has a generous check out time of 12pm so when we arrived at 10.30am (yes, we were keen), our room wasn’t available. But that was no problem at all. Our luggage was whisked away and we were encouraged to get changed and try out the pool or beach area until our room was ready (safe to say we didn’t require much encouragement). We then spent the next four hours by the pool, ordering pool side snacks and making ourselves completely comfortable.
Yep, we were excited to use the pool
After we were thoroughly swum out we were shown to our room. It’s high season for Palm Garden Resort at the moment and we were lucky to be able to get a room at all. We got a Garden View room which technically sleeps three (with an extra bed brought in) but has the the biggest bed I’ve ever slept in. We did three in a bed in Penang, and we did it again in Hoi An – but this time I didn’t even know that Russ or Linc were in there with me!
The massive main bed in the Garden View room
PROS OF STAYING AT PALM GARDEN RESORT HOI AN
- It is extremely luxurious
- The resort is well set up for families. Lots of family rooms/interconnecting rooms and they don’t charge for kids under six using existing bedding
- The pool is amazing and really kid friendly. There are two shallow kids’ swimming areas as well as a baby pool
- The beach out the front is great and remains intact unlike that at other resorts. Unfortunately in the Cua Dai beach area many resorts have been built extremely close to the water. The Palm Garden Resort is set back and as a result still has a great beach area out the front (that’s if you can drag yourself away from the pool).
- There is a kids club for free as well as some paid extra activities.
- Breakfast is everything you’d hope for and more. Service is efficient and friendly, food is plentiful and delicious.
- The shuttle to town is easy to use. If there are too many people to fit into the bus the resort pays for a taxi to take any extra passengers.
- The grounds are beautiful and there is plenty of grassy areas for the kids to run around and play on.
CONS OF STAYING AT PALM GARDEN RESORT HOI AN
- Bike rental is expensive at $11 US per day. A lot cheaper to just get a taxi or rent a bike from some of the nearby shops for a less than a quarter of that price
- The restaurants are also a bit pricey – but you get the convenience of not having to leave the resort if you don’t want to. If you do venture out, you don’t have to go far to find some delicious food at a reasonable price
Overall we loved our stay at the resort and we had a such a great time we looked into staying longer. Unfortunately, we’d already made bookings for Hue and were unable to change them. If you’re in Hoi An and looking for a luxurious family holiday – then the Palm Garden Resort is a wonderful option.
Please note, I received media rates for my stay at the Palm Garden Resort Hoi An, however all opinions are my own.